Just the one! - Condoms
Click on the questions to discover the answers!
- What are condoms made of?
Latex rubber or polyurethane
- What should you check for on a packet of condoms?
Expiry date, BSI Kite Mark and European CE mark. Packet intact
- Where should condoms be kept?
Cool dry place, out of direct sunlight
- When should the condom be put on?
Once penis is erect but before any genital contact
- How many times can a condom be used?
- Does using two condoms at a time make them stronger or safer?
No, more likely to split because more friction
- What type of lubricant can be used with a condom?
Water-based lubricants such as KY Jelly NOT oil-based lubricants, eg baby oil, vaseline as weaken the latex
- How should a condom be disposed of?
Wrap in a paper tissue and put in a bin NOT down the toilet!
- Are condoms containing spermicide better?
No, because spermicide on condoms (nonoxynol) can irritate the vaginal wall and encourage infection so there's a higher risk of STI's
- What should be considered if a condom splits?
Emergency contraception and testing for STIs